Hollywood is back in action after productions had come to a hault due to the coronavirus Pandemic.
What We Know
- The L.A County’s Public Health Director, Barbara Ferrer, announced changes to the health order issued to combat the pandemic. Some of the modifications include re-opening of some sector, as long as they adhere to the mandated protocols.
- The order will go into affect on June 12th meaning some productions can start as soon as Friday. Gyms, museums, zoos, hotels, campgrounds, and even summer camps are allowed to reopen under the new order.
- On Monday the California Department of Public Health also issued guidelines that would also allow movie theaters to reopen on June 12.
- In Atlanta, Tyler Perry said he will test the cast and his “drastically” scaled back Atlanta-based crew when they arrive at the studio and before they begin production, and four more times during the two-and-a-half-week shoots for each show. Everyone on the set will wear protective masks, and group scenes will be held until after the fourth day on set, when everyone has been tested again. Meals will be served in different “catering pods” on the largest sound-stage to maximize social distancing. Perry will fly out-of-town cast members in on his private plane, and, since the studio is a decommissioned U.S. Army compound, everyone working on the production will live on campus.
- Those measure are pretty extreme for the multiple production studios in Hollywood. Its going ot be interesting to see how new safety measure will affect productions. The thought of face masks on-set and practicing social distancing, while filming scenes with multiple actor seems difficult.
With coronavirus cases on the rise again after people all over the country have been protesting in the wake of George Floyd being killed, we can only hope it not happening too soon.