Many began to speculate President Trump’s decline in health as he proceeded up a ramp at the 2020 West Point commencement.
What We Know:
- The first wind of speculation came in November of 2019 when Trump made a unplanned trip to Walter Reed hospital. It was said that Trump’s health was on a decline, and many questioned the cause of the unannouced visit.
- Trump’s Administration announced that his visit was apart of the annual presidential check up but it was later stated that the visit was not a part of protocol. As many questions began to arise, the White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said: “We’re not going to get into security and movement protocols when it comes to the President, but as my statement said he’s in good health and it was a routine checkup as part of his annual physical.”
- Then, White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson stated Trump underwent a coronary calcium CT scan as part of his routine physical exam. Trump’s score was recorded as 133, it was noted that anything over the score of 100 indicates heart disease. Reports on Trump’s health began to dwindle, as the president went back to his regular Twitter rants.
- On, June 13, 2020, the president made his appearance at the West Point Commencement. Video footage showed Trump’s odd behavior as he used two hands to take a sip of water during the speech. Reporters also noted that the president’s speech was noticeably slurred. As the footage continued, the president is seen hesitantly limping down the ramp one step at a time as he closed his visit.
- Trump recently celebrated his 74th birthday on June 14th, making him the eldest president to date.
- Many speculaters began to coin Trump’s age with his worsening condition, even bringing back up the Walter Reed visit.
As a caregiver of my 90yo aunt with Dementia….I can attest that Trump has Dementia. #TrumpIsNotWell pic.twitter.com/Lveb9Gsxjn
— Angela Rae Jones (@GreenToneEnviro) June 16, 2020
Incompetent trump is full of something Dave, but it’s not stamina. He can’t make coherent sentences or statements. His right arm is clearly impaired. He comply botched our COVID response. Syphilitic dementia? pic.twitter.com/5Nv8UuMpQV
— JustWondering (@JustWonderingMN) June 17, 2020
Slurring of words, impaired movement of his right arm, mysterious weekend “routine” visit to Walter Reed Hospital….highly concerning for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke) in the left hemisphere of his brain.
Trump needs a thorough neuropsych workup STAT.🧐 https://t.co/mJUAdHvx4v
— Dr. Dena Grayson (@DrDenaGrayson) June 14, 2020
- As speculations began to make a return, Trump quickly took to Twitter to dismiss any health concerns.
The ramp that I descended after my West Point Commencement speech was very long & steep, had no handrail and, most importantly, was very slippery. The last thing I was going to do is “fall” for the Fake News to have fun with. Final ten feet I ran down to level ground. Momentum!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 14, 2020
As Trump continues to shoot down health speculations, his visable condition has many wondering, is their something that the White House doesn’t want us to know?