A man confesses to killing Oluwatoyin Salau and Victoria Sims.
What We Know:
- Aaron Glee has been charged with kidnaping, muder, and sexual assult in the deaths of 19-year-old Oluwatoyin Salau and 75-year-old Victoria Sims. Court documents revealed he admitted to killing the women muliple times.
- According to court documents “Glee had made voluntary admissions to officers guarding him that he had murdered two women in Tallahassee”. He also made a telephone call to his mother where he said the same thing.
- Salau, a young Black woman who helped lead the anti–police brutality protests in her community, had previously spoken about being the victim of sexual assault, and her death garnered national attention.
- Survellience footage confirms they met at a bus stop on June 6, where Salau told Glee that she’d been recently sexually assaulted and did not have a permanent place to stay. He invited Salau to his home so she could bathe and rest, according to investigators, and called Sims to pick them up and drive them home. Sims, a volunteer who often prepared meals and provided transportation to Glee, drove them to his house.
- Glee stated after they arrived to his home, Salau showered and he tried to have sex with her but she refused by fighting him off. Then he says he overpowered her and raped her before tying her up.
- According to the report, Glee kept Salau imprisoned in his home for three to five days, untying her only for meals and to bathe. Glee admitted, because of his criminal record, he realized if he let her go he’d likely end up in prison. He felt the only thing he could do was kill her. He bound her with rope, in a manner he believed would obstruct her ability to breathe, and left her in a bedroom.
- Glee then admitted after Salau died, he kidnapped Sims, binding her with rope as well. Investigators believe Glee ransacked her apartment before kidnapping her and fleeing in her car — which was found outside Glee’s home, stuck in the mud.
- On June 13, Tallahassee police traced Sims’ cellphone to Glee’s home, where they found her beneath a bloody sheet in a bedroom. Salau’s body was found in the woods behind his home, covered with leaves.
- Authorities allege Glee fled to Orlando on a bus before Tallahassee officers arrived at his home. Officers intercepted Glee at the Greyhound bus station and arrested him.
Glee, who remains in custody without bond, has yet to enter pleas to the charges.