Amidst his controversial engagement, Marques Houston, 38-year-old recently fired back to the people who have been criticizing his love with his 19-year-old fiancee Miya Dickey.
What We Know:
- The Sister, Sister actor, Marques Houston did not feel the need to clear up at what age he started dating his now-fiancee. However, on a lengthy Instagram post, the actor fired back and said that he had met her when she was 17-years-old but did not romantically talk to her till she was legal of age.
- The actor also mentioned how his love was accepted by both families and most importantly they have Jehovah’s blessing for their upcoming marriage.
- His post received a lot of positive feedback with fans stating that “love is love” and that if they love each other and she was of legal age there should be no problem.
- However, there have been outpouring critics on his love with his fiancee and the different stages of life they both are since Miya Dickey is still developing, unlike the Sister, Sister actor.
You bring reproach on God’s name by claiming to be doing nothing wrong. You are a predator who is grooming a young woman. You call yourselves goals yet you dated a nonbeliever. How is that goals? You never left the world bruh and that’s evident
— gpkleader (@gpkleader) June 17, 2020
- The critics are also stating that he is a sexual predator since he was “grooming” her when she was younger which is a word that is stated when a child sexual offender draws a child in by gaining his or her trust in order to keep their relationship a secret.
- A recent claim that MTO News published was that Miya Dickey has been a runaway since she was just 15-years-old. She allegedly ran away from her adoptive family and recently submerged to the spotlight since the announcement to her engagement.
- He has been actively retweeting the positive comments on his Twitter regarding his engagement and also reiterating that the rumors about him are not real and that is the reason why he published their love story in order to stop the twists, turns, and scandals.
There have not been any further comments from Marques Houston or Miya Dickey regarding their engagement or the “missing” person’s report that was recently published.