Rudy Giulaini went on an rant against the Black Lives Matter movement on Monday, warning viewers of Fox News that the activist group “wants to come and take your house away from you”.
What We Know:
- Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, claimed that Black Lives Matter was part of an organized anarchist network that wants to “destroy” the U.S. government, “do away with our system of courts” and “take your property away and give to other people”.
- The comments were made on the night show, The Ingraham Angle, hosted by Laura Ingraham. The TV host asked Giuliani for his thoughts about the “planned and well-funded attack going on in Washington”.
Rudy Giuliani: “Black Lives Matter wants to come and take your house away from you. They want to take your property away from you…They are anarchists and they are anti-American” pic.twitter.com/AQXvc0YwkV
— Jason Campbell (@JasonSCampbell) June 23, 2020
- “This is an orchestrated effort,” Giuliani told Ingraham, claiming nationwide anti-racism protests were “no longer” about the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last month. That ended a long time ago,” he added.
- Giuliani claimed that Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and unspecified communists are being funded by an unnamed benefactor who is using the movement to do away with America’s court systems and more.
- “It should be quite plain to every American who can see through the propaganda that Antifa, Black Lives Matter, the communists, and their allies are executing a plan they wrote about four or five years ago,” Giuliani claimed.
- On Tuesday, he continued the claims on Twitter stating that, “Black Lives Matter wants to destroy law enforcement, end bail, empty the prisons (including drug dealers as well as users), provide themselves with reparations, AND a full-time government income without the necessity of work.”
Black Lives Matter wants to destroy law enforcement, end bail, empty the prisons (including drug dealers as well as users), provide themselves with reparations, AND a full-time government income without the necessity of work.
— Rudy W. Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) June 24, 2020
- Two weeks ago, Tucker Carlson who is also a controversial Fox News host, told his audience that the protests were no longer about Floyd. He also warned his viewers that Black Lives Matter was “coming for them”.
According to Statista, as of April 2020, Fox News is the most-watched news network in America with more than 3.6 million viewers of their primetime shows.