A viral TikTok video has been the center of attention in Seattle. Teens filmed the encounter with a mysterious suitcase that appeared offshore and when they opened the suitcase there were black bags inside. The teens immediately called Seattle police to investigate.
What We Know:
- On June 19, the teens found the suitcase while using a popular app called Randonautica which leads you to different locations. It is unclear why the app sent the teens to the specific area where the remains were found.
- “What’s Trending” on Youtube released the video (strong content).
- On July 6th, Seattle police were able to identify the remains belonging to the couple, Jessica Lewis a 36-year old mother of four from Federal Way, and her boyfriend, Austin Wenner, 27.
- The public took to Twitter and expressed their concerns on the possibility of a “serial killer” in Seattle.
Is there a serial killer on the loose in Seattle? A group of teenagers who were directed to a random spot on the shoreline by Pike Place Market via an app called Randonautica found a black suitcase filled with human remains. They uploaded the grisly find to TikTok. pic.twitter.com/qgbx2Eby0C
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) June 22, 2020
- The police have released statements mentioning that the teens who filmed the viral TikTok video are not involved in any way and are working hard to structure the timeline of events. Seattle police have stated that Jessica Lewis was killed by a single gunshot wound while Austin Wenner was shot multiple times.
- Jessica Lewi’s family described her as a loving mother who now leaves behind 4 young children as well as her parents.
- The couple’s relatives have organized a GoFundme page and hope to be used as reward money for anyone who comes forward on any details that can help Seattle homicide. The families are hoping to raise $10,000 for a reward.
“Somebody knows something, and whoever helps solve this case will receive money raised for their reward.”
- Seattle police have yet to release the motive for the killings. They are also holding back information and specific details as well as suspects for the murders.
Seattle police are asking for anyone who has information on the deaths of Jessica Lewis and Austin Wenner to contact the Seattle police tip line at (206) 233-5000.