Jada Pinkett Smith hosted a special Friday edition of her “Red Table Talk” show on Facebook alongside her husband, Will Smith.
What We Know:
- According to the superstar couple, they “were going through a very difficult time” and had broken up when Pinkett Smith started a romantic relationship with the 27-year-old singer.
During their “Red Table Talk” discussion, “The Pursuit of Happiness” actor pushed his wife to be clear about what her relationship had been with Alsina. “I got into an entanglement with August,” Pinkett Smith said.
- In a recent interview with radio host Angela Yee, Alsina said he had been involved in a romantic relationship with Pinkett Smith, who has been married to Smith since 1997.
“I actually sat down with Will and had a conversation,” Alsina said during the interview. “Due to the transformation from their marriage to a life partnership that they have spoken on several times, and not involving romanticism, he gave me his blessing.”
- Alsina said he had lost money and relationships because of rumors he had been involved with Pinkett Smith, 48. The actress and her 51-year-old husband have long been the subject of rumors that they have an open marriage. The couple has denied this, but says their marriage is not traditional and that they have a “life partnership.”
- The “Girls Trip” actress shared that her relationship with Alsina allowed her to grow and heal as she learned things about herself during their time together, including acknowledging her desire to be “drawn to people who need help.”
- Pinkett-Smith also noted she hasn’t talked to Alsina in recent years, so she felt it was “weird” that he brought up their relationship now.
In 2019, August Alsina released “Nunya,” a song many people thought was about his relationship with Smith. At the time, Alsina denied the song was about Smith’s wife and said they were good friends.