The surveillance video and 911 audio for the disappearance of former Glee actress Naya Rivera were released Thursday.
What We Know:
- The former Glee actress who played Santana Lopez was reported missing Wednesday after she rented a boat for three hours at Lake Piru but didn’t return it, causing workers to look for her only to find her son, Josey, 4, alone on the boat with a life vest on but the adult life vest still aboard.
- Thursday, authorities released the surveillance video that shows Rivera parking her SUV and getting out of the vehicle. She walks over to get Josey out and grabbed a couple of things out before walking out of the camera view. In another clip of the surveillance video, Rivera and Josey are seen boarding the boat and departing. Foul play wasn’t suspected.
- In the 911 audio, which was released by authorities, a worker is heard describing the situation but mistaking Rivera’s son for a girl.
- The first search for Rivera began Wednesday afternoon and ended the same day around 10 p.m. and continued early Thursday. Late Thursday, the search ended with plans to resume Friday, according to KNBC-TV of Los Angeles. The search consists of divers, boat crews, and a helicopter. The search, once declared a rescue operation, is now declared a recovery operation by the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office because the actress is presumed to be dead by drowning.
- But the recovery has faced some difficulties, slowing down the process because of difficult conditions, according to a news release from the Ventura County Sherrif’s Office. In the area where the boat was found, the water was about 30 feet deep with only 15 feet of visibility.
The investigation is still ongoing and more information is yet to come. As for Josey, Rivera’s son is with his father, Ryan Dorsey, who is an actor and the ex-husband of Rivera.