Naya Rivera’s mother, Yolanda Rivera, and brother, Mychal Rivera, slipped on life vests and boarded a boat to help with the search.
What We Know:
- Naya Rivera’s mother was seen breaking down on her knees with her arms spread wide on the dock of Lake Piru, where her daughter disappeared, next to her standing son. Later, Yolanda and Mychal Rivera put on their life vests and boarded a boat to help with the search of the “Glee” actress.
- The actress disappeared Wednesday after she rented a boat at Lake Piru for her and her son, Josey. But, according to authorities who spoke with Josey, he said that after swimming, he got back on the boat, but his mother didn’t.
- For four days, Ventura County authorities have been searching for Rivera using dogs, divers, helicopters, and specialized equipment. However, authorities have said that the low visibility of the water has been a massive obstacle in their search efforts.
- The special equipment like the side-scanning sonar is used in the water to detect objects that fit the exact shape and size of what they are looking for and then divers are sent to search that specific area. Specially trained dogs are being used to alert handlers if they sense a body beneath the waters.
- According to authorities, because there are a lot of tree branches and overgrowth in the water, there may be a possibility that Rivera’s body is entangled in something underneath the water, and they don’t know if her body will be able to be recovered.
- And authorities said that they believe Rivera accidentally drowned in the lake, about 56 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. Despite their beliefs, they have made it crystal clear that their efforts are to bring closure to the family.
Rivera’s ex-husband Ryan Dorsey was seen at Lake Piru on Saturday, it’s evident he was emotional. And according to TMZ, Naya’s father, George Rivera, went into the lake around knee-level and drenched his face, which seemed like an emotional moment for him.