Nicole Thea, a London-based YouTube star, and her unborn child died Saturday, according to her family. She was 24-years-old.
What We Know:
- “To all Nicole’s friends and supporters it is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Nicole and her son she and Boga named Reign sadly passed away on Saturday morning,” the family wrote in an Instagram statement Sunday. “As a family we ask that you give us privacy because our hearts are truly broken and we are struggling to cope with what has happened.”
- The statement did not elaborate on Thea’s cause of death. It noted that Thea had pre-scheduled “a few YouTube videos” to upload on her channel before her death, including one of her trying a milk bath for the first time, which was posted Sunday.
- Thea’s partner, dancer Jeffery Frimpong, who is better known as Global Boga, will post the remaining videos as scheduled. According to NBC News, Thea’s management has been unresponsive via email and phone requests for further comment.
- Thea, who was about eight months pregnant, was known for posting videos about beauty and dancing and had been chronicling her pregnancy online since she announced she was having a baby with Boga in an April Instagram video. She had more than 80,000 followers on YouTube and 100,000+ followers on Instagram. She also created a jewelry and owned an eyelash line called Thea Kollection.
- Boga shared a video on Saturday, featuring him dancing with a baby carriage, and wrote that he couldn’t wait to take his son to the playground. He wrote in an earlier post that he believed his son would be born on a Monday.
Despite the cause of death still being unknown, Thea had previously stated in a video that she was having a ‘good pregnancy’ and joking about how her partner handled morning sickness.