A Spirit Airlines employee was attacked by three passengers over a flight delay.
What We Know:
- A video captured three Spirit Airline employees in a brawl with three passengers over a delayed flight at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
- According to the police report, the guests became aggressive and started throwing “miscellaneous items, such as phones, shoes, water bottles, metal boarding signs, and fast food” outside of a gate of a flight headed to Philadelphia. The three women then physically attacked one employee.
- The three attackers, Tymaya Wright, 20, Danaysha Dixon, 22, and Keira Ferguson, 21, were arrested on charges of touch or strike battery and petit theft for allegedly taking a Spirit employee’s phone.
- On Wednesday, the three women were released from the Broward County Jail.
- Spirit Released a statement thanking their employees for their professionalism in handling the situation. “We thank our Team Members for their professionalism and quick actions, and we also thank the Broward Sheriff’s Office for their assistance at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport yesterday. Three Guests became combative following a delayed flight, and they were arrested for physically assaulting our Team Members. Three of our Team Members sustained minor injuries. This violent behavior is completely unacceptable and has absolutely no place in airports or any other place of business. We will not tolerate abusive behavior of any kind. Further questions about this incident should be referred to law enforcement.”
According to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, the women could face additional charges as the investigation is ongoing.