DeVon Franklin, the widely known producer, author, and motivational speaker, recently announced a brand new deal with CBS TV studios that will enable him to expand his work into the world of television.
What We Know:
- Franklin is currently both president and CEO of the Franklin Entertainment production company that managed to corral two significant deals. One is a multi-year first-look film deal with Paramount Pictures and a second-look deal with Netflix.
- According to Deadline, Franklin has enlisted former Juniper Place Productions executive, Jenna Nicholson, as VP Television to help manage the new deal with CBS TV Studios.
- Most recently, for Disney/Fox, he produced Breakthrough which is an inspirational film starring Chrissy Metz, Topher Grace, and Josh Lucas. Franklin also recently produced the Sony Pictures Animation film The Starring with Zachary Levi, Oprah Winfrey, and Tyler Perry and Miracles From Heaven starring Jennifer Garner, Queen Latifah, and Eugenio Derbez. In regards to television, he previously sold projects to NBC, ABC, CBS, Netflix, and Hulu.
- Franklin Entertainment currently has several projects in development. One of these projects is Flamin’ Hot, a true story on how Flamin’ Hot Cheetos were created, for Fox Searchlight. There is also Daring to Live for Paramount, another true story that recounts the extreme adventures of four Black women who try to get over some of their most daunting fears in life.
- Franklin and his equally successful actress and wife Meagan Good, have become increasing influential when it comes to matters of marriage and family. They both co-authored the novel, The Wait, which describes their mutual decision to practice abstinence. The novel is essentially a guide to help readers thrive in their own romantic endeavors with instruction based on faith as well.
To those that consume all of Franklin’s content, whether it be from his films or best-selling books, one can see he is no stranger to showing his spiritual side outside those of mediums. On social media, he often shares a plethora of motivational quotes, stories, Bible quotes, and even holds prayer, a lot of the time with his wife.