Wonya Lucas is joining the network known for its romantic holiday movies and TV shows and its parenting company.
What We Know:
- Crown Media Family Networks is the parent company of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama, and it has crowned Wonya Lucas as its new President and CEO.
- Lucas worked previously as president and CEO of Public Broadcasting Atlanta, supervising its NPR and PBS outlets. But now she will be taking her talents and experiences to Crown Media’s television where she will focus on the growth, management, and direction of the interconnected networks, along with the subscription streaming service Hallmark Movies Now.
- Lucas will report to Hallmark Cards CEO Mike Perry because Crown Media Family Networks is owned by Hallmark Cards. “Wonya is a brand builder at her core who shares Hallmark’s beliefs and values,” Perry said about Lucas. “She has a deep understanding of the role our brand plays in fulfilling a bigger purpose in people’s lives.”
- “After a thorough search process, we found a remarkable leader with proven general management skills, as well as a track record of success in driving business results and evolving the positioning and programming of a brand. I am absolutely thrilled to welcome Wonya to the Hallmark family,” Perry continued.
- In a statement, Lucas explained how the Hallmark Channel has been a part of her life for a long time and that her experiences have led her to this moment. “Hallmark has been central to my life since I can remember, starting with those Hallmark Hall of Fame movies that were enriching as they were entertaining,” Lucas said.
- She continued, “In some ways, my entire career has led me to this incredible opportunity to use the breadth of my experiences to evolve an iconic and beloved brand, a culture and a business. I am honored to link arms with the multi-talented leaders and their teams at Crown to build toward an exciting future.”
Lucas has also been the president and CEO of TV One, the executive vice president and chief operating officer for Discovery Channel and Science Channel, and general manager and executive vice president of The Weather Channel networks.