It’s here! Finally, after 12 years, the long-anticipated Midnight Sun is here, and fans are over the top excited.
What We Know:
- After 12 long years since the book of “twilight” series came out, where everyone at one point was either #teamedward or #teamjacob could not be happier, Midnight Sun is here.
- Although no amount of time could rid fans of Stephanie Meyer’s books and their successive movie adaptations of their excitement for the vampire series. On Tuesday, Meyer’s new book “Midnight Sun,” which reimagines the iconic love story from Edward’s perspective, hit shelves.
- “Midnight Sun” has already jumped up to #1 on Amazon’s bestselling books. The book was supposed to be published after the 2008 release of “Breaking Dawn,” the last book in the original series, which was adapted into a successful movie franchise featuring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. But then, an unedited manuscript was leaked, putting the book on hold. Meyers said, “what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being.”
- Meyer said the New York Times that “the real reason the book took so long to write is that this was just a huge, pain-in-the-butt book to write.”
“I think the part that people won’t expect is: Edward is a very anxious character. Writing him made me more anxious, and that’s one of the reasons it was hard to be in that story,” Meyer said. “His anxiety combined with mine was potent. He starts off fairly confident, but boy does he get broken down by the end. Bella really breaks him into pieces. I think he comes across in Twilight being very strong and so super sure of himself, when that never was really actually the case.”
- Many might be wondering why publish the book now? “Because I finished it,” she told The New York Times.
“The reason it wasn’t published earlier was because it was not done, and when I did see the light at the end of the tunnel when I saw that I was actually going to be able to finish it, I started the publication process right away, because I knew there were people who had been waiting really kindly and patiently, but also anxiously, for quite a while,” Meyer said.
- She said that the coronavirus pandemic also weighed into her decision. Knowing that there wasn’t a real end in sight with covid19. She is excited that there is a book to read right now; there is nothing else that is exciting. She’s hoping people would feel the same way, and we do.
Meyer added that she would not be telling the rest of the series from Edward’s perspective, because “the experience of writing this book was not a super pleasant one” to undergo. “This is it for Edward,” she said.