A British’s man proposal goes up in flames and burns down their apartment.
What We Know:
- An England man made his burning love for his girlfriend official by asking the question with a dozen candles in a beautiful display that accidentally burned down their apartment.
- Albert Ndreu surprised his girlfriend, Valerija Madevic, by asking the famous question, as he filled their living room with candles, 60 balloons, and 100 tea lights. South West News Service (SWNS) reports. Ndreu even spelled out “Marry me?” with flaming tea lights on the floor, coupled with a bottle of wine and a romantic playlist.
- When done setting up the decoration, he left to pick up his soon-to-be fiancée. As the couple came back at 8:30 p.m., they noticed the smoke was coming from their apartment in Sheffield, Yorkshire, that they moved into a month ago.
“We walked up the stairs to the flat and there was smoke everywhere. I told him to call the firefighters because our house was on fire,” remembered Madevic. “I was in total shock. I was shaking because it looked like it was really bad.”
- Regardless of the smoke and the damage to the property, Ndreu, 26, got down on one knee, surrounded by the ruins. Madevic was in shock when he asked the question. She said, “He pulled out a box from his pocket, and I was just speechless.” “He said that he messed up our house was literally in flames but asked to marry him; I said yes.”
- Ndreu said the best news was that she still said yes.” He stated, he was so worried about everything going wrong, and never thought he could set the house on fire. As for the time being, the couple is staying at Ndreu’s cousin’s house as they wait for more information from the insurance company. Surprisingly, only a laptop, speaker, and some books were lost in the blaze.
The couple is hoping to get married on the anniversary of their apartment fire, and they plan to ask members of the local fire department as the guests of honor.