David Adkins, better known as Sinbad, is recovering from a recent stroke. His family told Variety in a statement on Monday morning.
What We Know:
- “It is out of sincere love that we share Sinbad, our beloved husband and father, is recovering from a recent stroke,” his family said in a statement. “Sinbad is a light source of love and joy for many generations. While he is beginning his road to recovery, we are faithful and optimistic that he will bring laughter into our hearts soon. Our family thanks you in advance for your love and support and ask for continued prayers for his healing. We also ask that you please respect our privacy during this time. Thank you.”
- Sinbad started his fame in the 1990s, with HBO comedy stand-up specials and sitcoms such as A Different World and The Sinbad Show. On top of that, he acted in several films, including Houseguest, First Kid and the Christmas comedy Jingle All the Way. Sinbad also did voice work for shows on Disney’s The Lion Guard, Steven Universe and American Dad. Other shows and movies he has appeared in are Necessary Roughness, Good Burger, and Planes.
- Recently, Sinbad participated in the Fox series Rel, created by Lil Rel Howery and Kevin Barnett, which was based on Howery’s life. He played Milton, who was Howery’s widowed father.
- Brock Pierce, a child actor and 2020 presidential candidate who starred in the Disney movie First Kid with Sinbad, also released a statement on Monday. “I am eternally grateful to Sinbad as a mentor and a friend.”
- Many other stars wished him a great recovery. Earth, Wind, and Fire said, “Our Prayers and Love, positive thoughts and Light…. we send all to our Brother Sinbad, and family and trust he will make a full recovery. “
Throughout his life, he has proven, time and time again, that one can do well by doing good for others. We wish him a speedy recovery and good health in the future.